Modules and plugins download stats as basis for 'most popular' list

Modules and plugins download stats as basis for 'most popular' list

by Matt Gibson -
Number of replies: 2
I found these stats very interesting (the ones lower down the page for modules and plugins) as I have not got the time to wade through the whole modules and plugin database looking for good ones. I've now scanned the top 20 and found a couple that look like being very useful. I think some sort of official top 20 list would be handy for a lot of people and make the whole database more accessible.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Matt Gibson

Re: Modules and plugins download stats as basis for 'most popular' list

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Thanks Matt !
Note to all: "Since Sunday, 25 January 2009, 09:00 AM".

I put a link to that on my user page in MoodleDocs. Of course good for me is not good for you big grin But I use #1 and #3 on many Moodlesites.

In reply to Matt Gibson

Re: Modules and plugins download stats as basis for 'most popular' list

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Matt, thanks for the link.

I do appreciate that these stats only include the past 60 days so we should take them for what they're worth*.

However, I find it interesting and slightly amusing that the Questionnaire plugin for Moodle 1.9 comes top of the downloads (1,735) and even beats the downloads for the Feedback module (1,058), considering that the latter has been chosen by moodle HQ for inclusion in moodle 2.0 distribution rather than the former.wink

Joseph

* "Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital." ~Aaron Levenstein