WIZIQ Module GMT +13 timezone default problem

WIZIQ Module GMT +13 timezone default problem

by Elton Shmutz -
Number of replies: 9
After installing my WIZIQ Module for Moodle, I have found that every time I want to create a 'Virtual Classoom' as an activity, WIZIQ automatically defaults to the GMT +13 timezone.

My timezone is UTC +8 and I have my Moodle site set accordingly.

I have followed the WIZIQ guidelines but no matter what I do, any Virtual Classroom that I create always defaults back to GMT +13

I have read in a few places where people have hacked the code and installed their own specific Time Zone to solve this problem but I cannot believe the folks at WIZIQ have not developed a fix for this.

Am I wrong?

Does anyone know if the new verison of the WIZIQ module has fixed this problem?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Elton Shmutz

Re: WIZIQ Module GMT +13 timezone default problem

by Jagdeep Singh Pannu -
Hello Elton,

Please see attached image for location settings in Moodle.

Under Site Administration >>Location Settings, you need to select these values:

In Default timezone: Server's local time
In Force default timezone: choose your own timezone

For client you have to make the following changes :-

Edit Profile link - you must select UTC +8 and then save that time zone.

Once these changes are done in the profile, you will be able to schedule sessions for your time zone - UTC+8. You can also view a related discussion thread here. The last message in the discussion could be the fix you're looking for:

"Go to Users ->Accounts -> <your username>
And change your timezone settings here. Wiziq will pick it up from there."

If not, you can read through the thread for more information. Please let me know if you could fix it.

Thanks,
Jagdeep
Online Classes
Attachment moodle_wiziq_timezone.jpg
In reply to Jagdeep Singh Pannu

by Elton Shmutz -
This combination worked.

Thank you for the solution.

Very much appreciated.
In reply to Elton Shmutz

by Jagdeep Singh Pannu -
Hi again Elton,

You might also like to try the just-launched module at http://org.wiziq.com/moodle/. This is a paid version. No registrations required for teachers and students. Admins need to register to download the module.

Thanks,
Jagdeep Singh Pannu
iMoodle

by Tim Morrissey -

Can anyone help with having the wiziq activity module have a default time zone (servers local time would be fine)? Followed the opposite to the instructions for this post hoping that would work, but no luck. Being able to change the class duration to something other than 30 would be good too.  

In reply to Tim Morrissey

by John Andrewartha -

First you need to set the time zone in Moodle to your real TZ, down load and install the TZ file using the Moodle Admin>>Local>>Update timezone link, follow the instructions, it is painless.

Next set your TZ in Moodle Admin>>Local>>Location settings

That should solve all or most of you problems with WizIQ.

Hint, if you are doing distance or at home learning across other time zones, make your students set the TZ to there localation in there profiles, then any calander events will be in the students TZ.

In reply to John Andrewartha

by Tim Morrissey -

Thanks, John. 

I did the above: 
Site admin/location/location settings - 
Default timezone = UTC+10 
Force default timezone = Users can choose their own time zone

Site admin/location/update timezones
Clicked continue and notified "2296 entries imported from http://download.moodle.org/timezone/"

I set my user profile location setting to UTC + 10

But when adding a wiziq live class activity, the settings window does not have the Timezone already set to 'Australia/Melbourne', but rather [select]. 

To be clearer, we conduct classes across different time zones. We would like:

• Teachers and Students to set their own time as part of the enrolment process
  • When a Teacher adds a Wiziq live class activity, we would like if the activity module to have the Teacher's time zone automatically in the 'Timezone' field (e.g. Australia/Melbourne)
  • When a Student views the activity schedule, we would like it to display the time of the class according to their own time zone which they have set in their user profile

Hope this makes more sense, John, and thanks again for assisting with this. smile

In reply to Tim Morrissey

by John Andrewartha -

I think the basic issue is you are not setting you location TZ in the user profile correctly.  It's important because you get the benifit of the daylight saving being automatic and in the case of Wiz it understands it.  There side of things looks for the country/area from memory.

My TZ is Australia/Hobart in my profile, using the UTC offset can confuse addons.

One day I will discover how to do it at sign up time.

BTW welcome to the bleary eyed Western Australians when a class starts at 10 AM ADST and it's 7AM West time. 

In reply to John Andrewartha

by Tim Morrissey -

Ok, tried that, no luck. Thanks, John, i have sent issue to wiziq. If resolved, I will post here. Cheers

by Arturo Garza -

Email hello dear Mr. Jagdeep Singh Pannu
WE HAVE A BIG PROBLEM to create our class , we put that will be the 30th of July 1st 15:30 pm and were sold by 4:30 am and moves us schedule two weeks are so want an answer already afraid classes and students waiting , we are in mexico city