Moodle documentation: Moodle handout

Moodle documentation: Moodle handout

by Howard Miller -
Number of replies: 12
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi,

Has anybody had to produce (and be prepared to share) a moodle handout? We are putting something together that we can just give out to people at conferences/meetings etc to give them a bit of insight as to what Moodle is and what it can do.

Either way, I'll post the result in case it is useful to anybody else.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Moodle documentation: Moodle handout

by Michael Penney -
Hi Howard, we've put together a introduction to moodle for faculty as a word doc. You can get it here:
http://learn.humboldt.edu/course/view.php?id=10

We also have done a student manual in book format, which can be printed:
http://learn.humboldt.edu/mod/book/view.php?id=416

Both courses allow guest access.

In reply to Michael Penney

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
The top one just seems to take me into your Moodle course - am I being stupid (again)?

by Timothy Takemoto -
I think that the Moodle Documentation course also has things that are relevant such as Bryan Williams' (I think) powerpoint slides.
Tim

by Riaan Bredenkamp -
Hi Michael

I am really impressed with the student manual that you have created. Are you willing to let me use this course in our installation?
It would be greatly appreciated.
In reply to Riaan Bredenkamp

by Michael Penney -
Hi Riaan, glad it helped. I added it to our files directory as a Moodle course backup.

Enjoy!

by Riaan Bredenkamp -
Thanks Michael, I will change the sections that are specific to your institution. (some of the images link to your server)

How would you like me to credit it? person/institution?

by Faisal Hashimi -

Tried to view Moodle handout for students, but I was not able to access the Moodle site as a guest
http://learn.humboldt.edu/mod/book/view.php?id=416

If anyone else has already managed to download the handout, and you can help please let me know

faisal.hashimi@riversidecollege.ac.uk

In reply to Faisal Hashimi

by Peter Sereinigg -
You have to enable guests at your course and this has to be done firts by the moodle admin.
Then downloads should be no problems.

Peter
In reply to Faisal Hashimi

by Lucy Mellersh -
I've been having the same problem: Humboldt wouldn't accept me as a guest. The course id is not recognized and I'm just always brought back to the learn.humboldt.edu login page.

I could access these courses earlier in the summer. Was this intentional or has the upgrade to 1.8 inadvertently closed this off for guests?

Lucy

by Thomas Haynes -
This one is pretty minimal, but it introduces a group of TechEducators to the idea.

A couple of the features are described.

by Mark Bazin -
There are a few in the Moodle Documentation Project.  I've got one I made in the "Promotional Materials" forum.