where are moodle html pages stored?

where are moodle html pages stored?

by spirit x -
Number of replies: 7
hi,

we are a group of 5 girls, trying to include a new exciting module in the current moodle functionality.

we would like to make some changes in the html codes too. the CVS provides only php code..and we are not finding exactly where the html is stored. we have found the stored images and icons used in moodle.

it would be nice if you all guide us. it is kind of urgent smile

thanking you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to spirit x

Re: where are moodle html pages stored?

by Minas Pachnis -
The only html that u will find is the header.html and footer.html on each theme.

If u want to change the style (styles_color.css etc..) u can find a theme that u like it and change it in the way you want.
In reply to spirit x

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
All the HTML is generated by different bits of the PHP.

Well, apart from the top and bottom of each page. They come from header.html and footer.html in the theme.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by D 2G -
Hi,

Is there any documentation, tip, article or whatever that gets you started with the php code that generates the html?. It is obvious that the are other systems more efficient to lay out Moodle but this is what there is and is much and good so any tip please?

Where should I start by?.

Thanks.
In reply to D 2G

by Martin Hermsen -
Hello,

i think you can find the most if you search for "echo". or by a function of the weblib which generates it.

even the most html code has an "div" in it.

but the best way is to understand the php code and change it.

because of moodle has no "real" template system this is the best way ;)
In reply to Martin Hermsen

html editing? blocks?

by spirit x -
hi,

we wish to add a new module in the standard theme. this module will be included on the left hand side list of functions.
we have so far taken the html source from the "view source" on the web browser.of a file called "view.php"
the CVS includes only php code of this file. we are not sure how to integrate and use them.

it would be nice if you tell us, how we can add this new module to the view.php file.
is there a way of doing so without using html source.

also, do the blocks in the CVS have anything to do with this? which files are linking the php and the html themes?

please let us know..

thank you!

In reply to Martin Hermsen

by D 2G -

Hi Martin,

Well a broad search through Moodle's main folder by 'echo .' is going to bring up a massive result.

Do you know any particular bunch of files that group these functions. It is probable spread all over the folders but I was wondering if there is a main 'thing' that I can deal with.

Regarding adding a new block, I think it is not that easy. I don't think you have a $layout->print ("activities"), unfortunately. There is somewhere a thread where Tim talk about.
In reply to D 2G

by Martin Hermsen -
Hi D2G,

if you only want to make a block, take a look at:

http://docs.moodle.org/en/Development:Blocks

if you only make a block you have a realy great advance, you can update normaly and only reinsall your block.

but if you want to change the front layout look at the index.php. there is the main page generated by some other functions.