folder name and quizport plus deletion problems

folder name and quizport plus deletion problems

by robert maran -
Number of replies: 4
Hi Gordon
You mentioned in a previous posting the following:
"....there is another way to add these three quizzes and that is to insert the folder name instead of a file name in the "Source file" text box when you add a new QuizPort or add more quizzes to an existing QuizPort."

I have tried to do this, but I get the message "file does not exist or is not accessible" when I try and make a new quizport. Must be doing something wrong here?

Also, when I go to delete a quiz in quizport or a quizport, I get do the following:
1 Are you sure you want to delete quiz? Y/N. I check "yes"
2. the page displays the message "deleted quiz", but does not redirect back to the edit page.
3. I click back on the browser and the same message as in 1 comes up. Click "yes" again, and get message "invalid ID for database table quizport". I click on continue and it takes me back to the site's front page.
4. Go back to edit of quizport and find the quiz has been deleted.

Now when i try and delete a whole quizport, I get a message saying page can not be displayed.
Click back on browser, and I get asked the message again whether I want to delete this quizport or not. Click "yes" and I am taken back to the course page with the quizport having been deleted.

I have uploaded to your server "clothes". It appears to work (= inserting folder name displays all quizzes in the folder, so maybe I don't have the latest version). However my first exercise ( find it A) returns an page error message when it is completed and consequently will not return to menu of quizzes. My 2nd quiz works OK. The 3rd one is a drop down made using the add-on feature. It also returns an error message.

Cheers
robert

Cheers
robert
Average of ratings: -
In reply to robert maran

Re: folder name and quizport plus deletion problems

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Robert,
thanks to you feedback from a couple of weeks ago, I added a continue button after deleting a quiz. That should be on the latest version (on my server), so if you don't get that button on your server, I recommend you install the latest QuizPort module, to get that button, plus several other recent improvements.

Remember using folder names only works with local folder paths. It doesn't work with urls, i.e. http:// ... Were you using a local path or a url in the "Source file" box?

Regarding quiz 1 and 3, they are HTML files, I think you will have more luck if you try to run them from the jcl files and then select the Output format that you want on hte quiz's "Updating: Quiz" page.

In time I QuizPort will become able to detect those HTML files for what they are, but at the moment, it just thinks that are normal JCloze files, which explains why you get the errors.

thanks as always !
Gordon
In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
hi Robert,
I have made QuizPort aware of the difference between standard JCloze html files and those which are produced using the Rottmerier Findit (a+b) and DropDown templates. As a result, the html files in your "workbookexu3" folder of quizzes now display correctly and when they are finished, they return control to Moodle as they should.

I noticed that the score was only 50% where I expected it to be 100%, so I just investigating that.

cheers
Gordon

by Gordon Bateson -
Robert,
I have fixed the scoring for FindIt(a) quizzes.

I am currently working investigating why, when there are no conditions, QuizPort gives me the same quiz twice and then a message saying "Quiz attempt not in progress". Everything seems to be OK when there are conditions to specify what to do next ...

Gordon

by Gordon Bateson -
Robert,
hope you had a nice weekend !

I found and fixed the cause of the unwanted "Quiz attempt not in progress" message. I think that means that all the issues with the latest batch of FindIt/DropDown quizzes have been fixed now. If you notice any more strangeness please let me know smile

I have put the new improved scripts into the zip file for the latest version of QuizPort:
Thanks as always for putting QuizPort through its paces approve

all the best
Gordon