dialogue module in moodle 1.9.4+

dialogue module in moodle 1.9.4+

by Yves De Moerloose -
Number of replies: 5
Hi,

I'm trying to use the dialogue module in moodle 1.9.4+
I get the module listed in modules->activities->manage activities but I don' t have a settings button for it. Am I doing something wrong or is the dialogue module not supported anymore?

In case of the latter, what can I use as a replacement?
I've noticed the messaging system in moodle, but I need to restrict users to only talk to teachers and not to other students. I also would like to see it easier to acces, for example like a block which is always on the page. Is there a way to do this?

Kind regards
Yves
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Yves De Moerloose

Re: dialogue module in moodle 1.9.4+

by Dean Stringer -
Hi Yves,

As Elena mentioned there is a tracker item you should read which discusses the recent changes made to the Dialogue module. However you should also read this discussion which may give you more background, and then consider downloading the latest version of the code from the Modules and Plugins page for Dialogue (dont use the Tracker patch as that is now out of date). If you have a developer on hand you might also have them look at the CVS repository and get them to check-out the HEAD version.

We are currently running 1.9.3 so I can't confirm if it is ok in 1.9.4 but I would expect it would be. You should test the code in your Test environment first if you have one, but so you know we have been running the changes in our live Moodle at Waikato University for the last two semesters with no problems.

Dean
In reply to Dean Stringer

by Dean Stringer -
Further to my last post, we are now running this module under 1.9.4 without problem.
In reply to Dean Stringer

by Elena Ivanova -
Dean, thank you so much for keeping this module smile
We have applied it to our test 1.9.4 environment, and it worked like a charm!
In reply to Elena Ivanova

by Dean Stringer -
Thats excellent Elena, thanx for posting. Please feel free to post any suggestions for future improvments back to the forum