Viewing more than a word of feedback

Viewing more than a word of feedback

by Steve Wright -
Number of replies: 5
I've been trying to look into using the feedback section of assignments for a course I work on.

Rather than giving a sdimple grade there is a process of self-, peer- and tutor- review and we need to create a page that shows the assignment submitted, the feedback on it and then include links to the other stages of the assessment.

While the feedback system is clearly capable of meeting our needs I can only ever view one or two words of feedback on screen - is there a report/way of viewing this textual feedback in a 'feedback screen' for a submitted assignment? The only way I've ever been able to see more than a few words is through 'update' and then editing the text but this doesn't work for our needs.

I also wonder how you can view the files uploaded for feedback as again these only seem to be visible on the 'update' ediiting screen...

Am I missing something here, or is this just not possible to view, only edit...
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steve Wright

Re: Viewing more than a word of feedback

by Steve Wright -
Can't delete but am aware this is wrong area and is now repro'd in the assignment forum...
In reply to Steve Wright

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
No problem, just moving this discussion to the assignment module forum...
In reply to Helen Foster

by Steve Wright -
No replies sad

Stumped on this one or how to add files o feedback for a single-file upload, seems impossible.
In reply to Steve Wright

by Chad Outten -
Hi Steve,

in answer to your queries...

1. the assessor can't add a response file to a single upload assignment. i suggest you try the advanced upload assignment type. this allows a process of iteration between assessor and student. student can submit draft(s), assessor provides feedback and may include a response file (this could include inserted comments & edits with track changes enabled), then the student can submit a final version for grading.

2. you should be able add feedback and a grade to any piece of assignment work. to clarify, i think you're saying you can only see a few words of this feedback in the assignment summary view? fyi - the student can view your entire feedback if they revisit the place they submitted the assignment.

3. presuming you use moodle 1.8 or 1.9, try the 'Grades' feature located under course admin block. this is the gradebook. use the drop menu to see the different report views. again, a student can your entire feedback if they visit their 'Grades' located under admin block.

i might be worth you creating a dummy student account, login as student, submitting work & view this feedback.

Chad
In reply to Chad Outten

by ben reynolds -
Well, technically, you can add a response file, but it is a humongous pain to do so. Chad's advice to use advanced uploading is good.

Here's how to get a response file into the single upload assignment.
  1. Type something like "click here to get your response."
  2. Select the text.
  3. Click on the link button ed_link.gif
  4. Click "browse..."
  5. Click the next "browse..." button to upload a file.
  6. Find the file and all the folderol involved in uploading.
  7. Eventually, you select the uploaded file.
  8. Save.
My teachers hated this method, which we used for exactly one term.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)