can we increase resource window size ?

can we increase resource window size ?

by umesh chavan -
Number of replies: 6
hi all ,

i have uploaded some files as resourses in course and when we see the resource file by clicking on it it opens in the same window ..but the size of the window is so small that we could not read the text properly. can we change the size?..i tried changing it from modules>activities>resources....but dosnt make any difference.

secondly if we give resoudrce file to open in new window then there is one link called "direct link to file" ...now when i click on this link i get a full view of the resource.

can we achive full screen view of any resource file ?...within same window?

umesh
Average of ratings: -
In reply to umesh chavan

Re: can we increase resource window size ?

by Francisco Egido -

Hi

If i understand your question, you want to change the default size from 640 by 480 to a bigger one. I had same problem, this is what i did:

Log as administrator
Modules > Activities > Resource

To the bottom of the page you have the width and the height

Did that on mine and it changed the size, but still is not enough, because when i load a flash movie, it leaves some blank space arround. I hope it helps you

Regards

In reply to Francisco Egido

by Wouter Baars -
Hi,

Can I jump into this discussion?

I had the same problem, however after resizing the windo to 820 x 620 the flash screen remained small. The size of the flash movie is 800 x 600 but in Moodle it lookes more like 400 x480 (or so).

What am i doing wrong here?

Thanks,

Wouter
In reply to Wouter Baars

by Wouter Baars -
I suppose i dont need to install the flash plugin (not using any flash variables to do test etc).
In reply to umesh chavan

by Mike Jackson -
I am trying to embed some .swf files into out Moodle 1.9 site and am having difficulty with the deafult size of the flash video when put in as a resource. If I access the .swf file directly as a file (via a directory resource) it works fine, but if I set it up as a resource it is too small. How do I change the size of the display of a .swf file by the resource module?
In reply to Mike Jackson

by Muhammad Omer Saleem -

Same scenerio with me. I am also uploading swf files using "Link to a file or web site". Having a same swf file display size issue. Could you please guide me if you have found the solution of this issue?

In reply to Muhammad Omer Saleem

by janine levy -

Yes you can. At the end of the url add:

D=640X480 or whatever dimensions you wish.

Make sure it is within the inverted comma.