Images don't appear for some tutors

Images don't appear for some tutors

by Kate Butler -
Number of replies: 2
I have set up a Student Wiki in Moodle 1.6.3 and students have included images by uploading an image attachment and then linking to the image by copying the relevant link when editing the wiki page.

This seems to work fine for them and for me as the primary tutor but I have just added two new tutors to the Moodle and neither of them can see the images. They can see images in the Wiki that have been linked to from outside the Moodle (e.g. from websites) but can't see any images that have been uploaded into the Moodle and then linked to in the Wiki. They see only the Alt text or a small box with a red cross through it.

I have CamelCase disabled, Binary Files enabled and it is not platform specific as I can see the images when I log on but not when I log on as either tutor. They both have editing tutor status.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks and regards,

Kate
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kate Butler

Re: Images don't appear for some tutors

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Where are the images located? Are they in the same course as the wiki or in sitefiles (where they will be viewable to anyone)? It's just a thought, as if they are in a different course that the tutors aren't enrolled in then they won't be able to see them.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Images don't appear for some tutors

by Kate Butler -
Thanks so much, Mary, this is exactly what the problem was. The students had loaded the images into another course area they were building and those tutors weren't enrolled. It seems so obvious when pointed out. Thanks!

regards,

Kate