Allow students to see eachother's submissions

Allow students to see eachother's submissions

by David Somers-Harris -
Number of replies: 6
Is it possible to allow students to see eachother's submissions while preventing them from seeing eachother's grades?

The view assignment permission obviously isn't what I want since that only let's students view that instance of the module as a whole.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Somers-Harris

Re: Allow students to see eachother's submissions

by Ray Lawrence -
Not that I can think of at the moment.

by D. S. -
You could have them post as an attachment in a forum.
Doug

by David Somers-Harris -
Hey Guys,

Looks like the answer is no, since forum doesn't do the trick for me. Thanks for the help.

by Steve Bond -
A lecturer here has just asked for the same thing. The forum isn't a solution because the lecturer still wants to give grades for the assignment.

I think it would need an extra permission to allow this to happen, e.g.
mod/assignment:viewsubmissions

An alternative however might be to use a Database. You can apply ratings to database entries and those ratings will appear in the gradebook. Students can only see their own ratings, not each others', but they can see each others' submissions. Also you can set it up so that each student can only submit one file. So that would do the trick I think. I am going to try it.

Steve
In reply to Steve Bond

supporting group assignment

by Frédéric Hoogstoel -
Lecturers often want to allow students members of a group to submit a common work.
They would like to be able to share the same comment and the same grade between all the students members of the group.
Do you know if this is planned in Moodle 2.0 ?
In reply to Frédéric Hoogstoel

Re: supporting group assignment

by Pedro Aphalo -
I searched the forums and asked a similar question some time ago. There is an add-on module called Project that does this and more. I installed it in my test server and had a look. The user interface for setting up a project is a bit intimidating... I should study it more carefully. However, I do not expect our system administrators to be very enthusiastic about installing a 3rd party module. For you it may be a viable solution.

The link to its forum is http://moodle.org/mod/forum/view.php?id=6930 and there you will find links to the documentation.

Pedro.