Moodle documentation: Social and organizational aspects of "How to" MoodleDocs

Re: Moodle documentation: Social and organizational aspects of "How to" MoodleDocs

by Chris Collman -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Documentation writers
Matt,
Very nice.

I sort of get it smile How to jump off the cliff and swim with the sharks, by dabbling your toes in the sandy tidal pool, just like you do in the bath tub. Don't worry about all the space and different things.

Your description should make my organization feel good. Most of my operational Moodle life is spent being a techie assistant teacher in such a simple 1.5 environment. Quiz, Questionaire, File Resources are the only features used in most courses on one site. This site is used for supplemental synchronous learning materials (since 2005) and 3 semesters ago they went paperless (no printing just viewing of materials on issued laptops). One teacher encourages me, so I have added an HTML message blocks for reminders, a course calendar with the test schedule and added a logo and just a touch of color to that course.

As it happens, yesterday I turned on glossary for that site without clearing it with the master teacher, first. surprise I thought a random glossary page block would freshen a course with any one of 33 short bios with pictures located in a hidden, non-student editable glossary. Hope the MT approves it and/or I don't get my wrist slapped with a ruler!

The KISS approach works for them. As they say in the North Country of New England, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

As Martin Langhoff points out, that little maxim should apply to MoodleDocs. I do not think a category is a great idea but was just an idea. Create findable content first, worry about it's organization and labels later. Excellent point and a good start Matt.

Best Chris