Cannot edit or see results of a questionnaire

Cannot edit or see results of a questionnaire

by Lee Trampleasure -
Number of replies: 3

Greetings,

One of our teachers has two questionnaires (one in each of two different courses). One she can edit, see results, etc. The other she cannot: On the Questionnaire page, the only tabs are "View" and "Your responses: View 1". In Reports, we can see that 20 students have answered the second questionnaire (and they did it during class, so the teachers knows the answers are there).

The two questionnaires were created from one shared questionnaire, however I've been experimenting with both Public and Template, and I think we may have created the second, un-editable one from a Public.

Now, either this teacher or myself (admin access) created all these questionnaires, but neither of us seems able to see the results. Again, in the general Reports window, I can see that 20 students have answered it, but neither of us can see anything more than our own individual results.

Any thoughts what we're doing wrong?

We're running 1.9.2+

Thanks,

Lee

PS. We've figured out now the difference between Public and Template, so we probably won't make this mistake again smile

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lee Trampleasure

Re: Cannot edit or see results of a questionnaire

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Lee > We've figured out now the difference between Public and Template,...

Well, then, now you must understand why a "public questionnaire" can only be edited and student responses can only be viewed in the course where that public questionnaire was originally created... Is that clear now?

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Lee Trampleasure -
Thanks Joseph,

Makes sense. But I can't figure out which class I created the public survey in. I thought it was in Course A, and when I go to Course A I see the "Update" link and I can click on it, but I still can't see the results. I checked my course, Course B, to see if I had started it there, but can't see it there. Is there a simple way to see where a Public Questionnaire was originally created?

This is sure a good argument for tracking/documenting the steps one goes through as you do something for the first time!

Lee

In reply to Lee Trampleasure

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Lee > Is there a simple way to see where a Public Questionnaire was originally created?

Here's a step-to-step (assuming you have access to your mySql database via phpMyAdmin).
  1. go to any course on your moodle site and create a new questionnaire
  2. on the first screen of questionnaire creation, in the Content options section, hover over the public questionnaire name that you are tracking and in your browser's status bar look for sid=?? which is the id number of that public questionnaire (see attached screenshot); in this example sid=5
  3. go to phpMyAdmin, Table: mdl_questionnaire_survey and spot the line with id=5 (number of that public survey); then read in the Owner column the id number of the course in which that public survey was originally created (here: course id=2).
Joseph
Attachment image00.jpg