Managing Growing User Lists

Managing Growing User Lists

by Liz H -
Number of replies: 0

Hi, first up I'm relatively new to Moodle and was not involved in the set-up and design phase of our Moodle platform, so please bear with my limited knowledge in this respect.

Currently we enter in all our users in one big 'admin' list (via Users > Accounts), which just displays in default alphabetical order. This works ok for now, but in the future this list will become rather large and we would like to be able to sort based on group (e.g. monthly intake); teacher; whether student is active/non-active; etc... I know there is a multiple filters function on this page, but my question is two-fold:

1. To begin with, how do we define users so that they are associated to a particular group (monthly intake), teacher, etc...
We currently have students assigned to particular groups within the specific courses (based on self-enrolment via enrolment keys), but for purposes of 'Front End Admin', is there a way to set up these associations?

2. How do we then get the filters we want to show up on the filters page so that we can select them to sort our students?

Also, ideally we would want a particular state to only have access to view students they manage (students in their own state) instead of a huge national list. In saying that, at a national level, we also do want access to view the entire list. How have others gone about this?

Any answers/ideas are much appreciated.

Liz H

Average of ratings: -