Create online cooperative learning using Moodle?

Create online cooperative learning using Moodle?

by Mr Emines -
Number of replies: 5
"there are five elements behind cooperative learning by Johnson & Johnson.and this five elements (i think) very easy to implements in convectional class (e.g : face to face). but how its can be implementing via online especially using Moodle? I'm very interested in this area / topic b'coz soma of my research relate to this topic"

Thanks
-emi21081-
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mr Emines

Re: Create online cooperative learning using Moodle?

by Kim Salinas -
Picture of Testers
You could do this by creating group projects as well as individual projects in your course. You should also have forums for students to interact.
In reply to Mr Emines

by Paula Clough -

I did a jigsaw activity where students in groups number off and then broke up into their numbered groups to do research on a biome... these numbered groups built together a wiki page for their biome... they became the experts on that particular biome. When they returned to their original groups the Wiki pages became the textbook for the other group members to use to learn about the biomes they were not experts in. 

They then used this information as a group to build a brochure for a World Biome Tour, listing information that would help sell each biome... they also were to include information for the tourists on the type of clothing or equipment that was needed to adapt to each biome.

This was done in a high school and some work was done together as they worked in a lab but with the wiki, they could have done this entirely online.

Paula Clough cool

In reply to Paula Clough

by Mr Emines -
thanks for the information.. yes, wiki, forum and chat also help of my cooperative learning strategy.. just customize it
In reply to Paula Clough

by Cheryl Schaefer -
This is really a great idea!  I like the way the wikis students created became the learning tools for the others.  Students knew they had to produce an accurate well written piece and do good research.  Just great...I think I would like to try something similar in my class.
In reply to Cheryl Schaefer

by Paula Clough -

cool Have fun! We did!

We had the idea of making the wiki resource available to teachers of younger students as a resource but haven't had any takers yet.