CSS and links to new wiki pages

CSS and links to new wiki pages

by Tom Nelson -
Number of replies: 2
Does Moodle support CSS styles within wiki pages or lessons? I would like my wiki pages to have a uniform look, but I can't discover in the documentation or by experiment if I can link to an external CSS style sheet.

Also, sometimes text I want to put on the wiki should use brackets, such as text inserted into a direct quotation to improve coherence. Is there a way to stop Wiki from turning that into a link to a new wiki page? I am an English teacher and am trying to instill correct documentation style in them, and would prefer not to use an alternative like the curly bracket. Is there an overrride character to make [] literal?

And last, I noticed that when I placed some text in a wiki page, the word DeFarge generated the question mark to create a new wiki page. However, when I changed the spelling to Defarge, the wiki stopped generating the automatic link. Is there a rule that explains this so I can prepare text that avoids this?

Thank you
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tom Nelson

Re: CSS and links to new wiki pages

by Michael Woods -
Picture of Core developers
Hi Tom,

I can only comment on your last issue ("DeFarge" vs "Defarge"). By default, a wiki setting called Camel Case is turned on, which converts any word with mixed case into a potential page link. I (and probably most people) prefer to turn this off and rely purely on the square brackets to generate new page links.

Cheers,
Michael
In reply to Tom Nelson

Re: CSS and links to new wiki pages

by Michael Woods -
Picture of Core developers
Also, with regards to the literal square brackets, place a ! directly in front of the opening bracket to ensure the wiki doesn't convert it.

I just searched the forums and then remembered I already knew this! My memory is fading...