Size of FLV' are not resizable in any way

Size of FLV' are not resizable in any way

by Jens Gammelgaard -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Translators
Hi,

We experience that videos in FLV that origanally are stored in the size of 320x240 are displayed in 600x400 pixels which compromise the video output quality. (Moodle 1.93+)

The same happens if the resource is opened as a New Window and the media plugins has been enabled.

Thank you for your advice smile

Cheers,

Jens
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jens Gammelgaard

Re: Size of FLV' are not resizable in any way

by Ralf Hilgenstock -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Hi Jens,

I think the default size for multimediaplugins are defined in the moodle/filter/mediaplugin/filter.php for the different formats.

Ralf
In reply to Ralf Hilgenstock

by Jens Gammelgaard -
Picture of Translators
Hi Ralf,

Thanks for the tip - but it seems to be somewhere else.

I did try to alter it arround line 161 - but it did not change anything.

Happy New Year!

Jens.
In reply to Ralf Hilgenstock

by Wouter Baars -
same problem here.

Anyone a suggestion?

thanks,

Wouter
In reply to Wouter Baars

by Jerod Quinn -
There is a little bit of code you can insert to make the player whatever size you want. I am using widescreen videos, and they looked downright awful in the default size. This solution goes right into the html of the page. There might be a solution through editing the php, but that is above my knowledge at this point. This is a video by video, html workaround.

All you need to do is link to the .flv and add this bit of code to the end of the link:

?d=desired width x desired height

So to get your video to be 320 by 240, you link would look like this:

<a href="the exact location of you file/folder/video.flv?d=320x240"></a>

I am currently using this in one of my courses and here is my exact code:
<a type="video" title="Intro Video" href="http://cdis2.missouri.edu/moodle/file.php/61/activities/IntroStats.flv?d=432x280"></a>

Now if I can just get it to show a first frame preview instead of that black screen, I will be pleased as punch.
In reply to Jerod Quinn

by José Ángel Polo -

Hi Jerod:

Have you got to show the first frame in the flv videos preview, like <a href="...flv?d=...&..."></a> ?