Cannot install blocks

Cannot install blocks

by Tzvi Daum -
Number of replies: 3
Hi,

I have installed blocks before...but tonight I added a few blocks and when I went to the admin/index.php page all I get is a white screen and the blocks do not get added.

I am using Moodle 1.9

Any help would be appreciated.

Tzvi
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tzvi Daum

Re: Cannot install blocks

by Chris Potter -
This usually means that there was a PHP error that was causing the problem. If you enable debugging (Administration -> Server -> Debugging) and display debug messages (this will print the error to the page), you'll be able to see the exact problem (and what file and line the problem is occurring) and can investigate further. It would be worth mentioning which block/blocks you are trying to install. Maybe someone has had the same problem.If you are unsure of what the error is, copy and paste it here. Someone will probably come to the rescue. smile
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Chris Potter

by Tzvi Daum -

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your response.

I actually noticed the debugger feature  earlier today and ran it for the first time. This was the error message I recieved.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare xmldb_flashcard_upgrade() (previously declared in /home/zvido1/public_html/moodle/mod/flashcard/db/upgrade.php:3) in /home/zvido1/public_html/moodle/mod/flashcardold/db/upgrade.php on line 176

Obviously, this seems to be an error from the Flashcard block. I also posted this error message on the Flashcard forum earlier today. I'll take my help from wherever I can get it. I think my service provider is using php 5.

Tzvi

In reply to Tzvi Daum

by Tzvi Daum -
Hi,

I figured out my problem...I had updated the Flashcard module a while back and left the old version there and just renamed it "flashcardold". I deleted this module and everything works now.

Thank you for your interest.

Tzvi