CSS for glossary autolinks

CSS for glossary autolinks

by Paul Matos -
Number of replies: 4
m,Have 2 questions for everyone.

First is, how can i make it so titles of topics, and titles in the table of contents are not affected by the glossary autolink?

My second question is, how can I modify the css pertaining to this autolink. For some reason my style is adding a background, and is enlarging the size of the font for the auto link. I have checked the 3 css files and see no indication that it is coming from here. I have done a search all documents in dreamweaver for the color hex code that is being applied as a background and have had no luck finding it. Here is an image of what I am talking about.

There also seems to be a margin on the left side of the text that I don't know where it is coming from.

Is the only location for these problems can come from the 3 css files in the theme folder?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paul Matos

Re: CSS for glossary autolinks

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
For question #2 : which theme are you using? One from the regular moodle distribution or a personal, customized theme?
It would be much easier to answer if you posted a screen shot showing exactly what happens or a link to your online site.
Joseph
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Paul Matos -
I am using a custom one. I tried removing the 3 style files in my template ( layout, font, color) as well as 5 from the standard folder, in case it was pulling something from there (removed layout, moz, color, fonts, rtl). Even after doing this it still did the same thing. Here is an image so you can see what is going on.

Several things are being applied to the glossary word. Larger font size, blue background, bolded, and uppercase. For the life of me I can't seem to find where these things are being applied. I tried searching all documents in my installation for any reference of the background color, and didnt find it, as well as searching for a few other things.

Does anyone know where this style could still be coming from?

I am thinking it is coming from somewhere else since this is in the content and not in the actual shell itself.
In reply to Paul Matos

by Mark Pearson -
I agree that these are the most puzzling and frustrating problems. Here's an approach which might work for you.
I found that the following style setting does work within the Course outline page using the Chameleon theme as a base:

a.autolink:link, a.autolink:visited{
border-bottom: dotted 1px;
}
a.autolink:hover{
border-bottom: solid 1px;
}

You might try overriding the autolink setting with these statements to see whether it fixes your problem. Place them at the bottom of the style file so that they get executed last and override anything else.

I would strongly suggest employing the Web developer Firefox plugin because you can make changes on the fly (Edit CSS), see how they affect the page in real time and them after fixing everything update the theme file. By using View Styles you can also see all the styles that are actually being applied to the page and not just the ones you think are having an effect.

Hope this helps.

Mark
In reply to Paul Matos

by Heather P -
Hi
we have the same issue, but we don't want a theme specific solution as we use lots of themes.
Did you get anywhere with it?
We find it is particularly noticeable where the autolinking has linked to a header and causes the header to become tiny.
Thanks