Assignments within groups

Assignments within groups

by Peter Honan -
Number of replies: 3

Just started looking at 1.4 and again I'm impressed approve.

A request I've had from a classroom teacher is though:

Can you have differing due dates for each group on each assignment? Classrooms sharing the same course don't often run exactly in sync.

Also, (and just a suggestion, another from someone who doesn't contribute enough sad ) the 1.4 File/Web resource module is starting to get scary for non tech types. Would there be any value in hiding some of the advanced features, something like having a Simple/Guru mode.

Thanks for everyones hard work.....

P.S. Just finished a Moodle info session for about 10 of our local schools which went really well, and running another in Geelong soon I expect.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Honan

Advanced features of new resources ...

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
About the scariness of that page ... I know.   The plan was for the file/URL addition page to have three tabs to hide the second two sections ... I got bogged down trying to make good cross-platform Javascript though and this hasn't been done yet. 

What we may do instead is put them on hidden DHTML sections that "slide out" when you expand them (naturally non-Javascript platforms should just show all three as now).
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

Re: Advanced features of new resources ...

by Peter Honan -

Thanks Martin, I especially like the 'slide out' sections approve

The feedback from the schools I'm introducing to Moodle is all good and it's the "ease of use" features they love.

In reply to Peter Honan

Re: Assignments within groups

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Different due dates per group ... definitely in the new assignment module, perhaps in Moodle 1.5 (it's currently being revamped significantly)