Peer assessment

Peer assessment

by Dave Browning -
Number of replies: 5
I'm looking to have pupils mark each others work and I'm just wondering what is the best way to do this in moodle is?

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Dave
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dave Browning

Re: Peer assessment

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Dave,

You can enable students to grade assignment submissions by assigning them the role of non-editing teacher in the module context, via the "Locally assigned roles" tab in the editing activity page.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Lori Lieving -
How does this option differ from using the workshop module for peer assessment?
In reply to Helen Foster

by Mark Glynn -

Thanks Helen - If you give several students the ability to be non-editing teachers  - is the student given the grade of whoever grades him last or does he get an average of the grades received by all of his colleagues?

by David Fountain -
I remember using the workshop module a while ago for this and I think it has been updated for 1.9

by Chad Outten -
I find the Database activity is good for peer-evaluation.

1. Add an activity
  2. Choose 'Database' from the drop-menu
  3. Select 'Yes' for Comments option

You may also require entries (before viewing), use ratings, scales & outcomes that write to the course gradebook. this is not as complex as the workshop module, but its definitely easier to use & understand. its also quite flexible.

when you're ok with your database settings, you then need to add relevant fields & (data types). i suggest you use the following to build your database form...

Field 1: Name (text data type)
Field 2: File (file data type), includes optional file name
Field 3: Self-evaluation (text area data type)

More info at http://docs.moodle.org/en/mod/data

Attachment database.jpg