Moodle documentation: Video tutorials

Moodle documentation: Video tutorials

by Jeff Wood -
Number of replies: 8

I have finally managed to make a few "student" tutorials.  Topics covered:

• registration
  • basic navigation
  • updating profiles

Over the next few weeks I'll work on "teacher" tutorials.

The files are large! so high speed is needed.  They are also best viewed 1024x768.

http://mjwoodresources.ca/test/moodle_training_videos/moodle_training_videos.html

Jeff

PS - I am NOT a profession radio personality so comments welcome on video content only big grin

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jeff Wood

Re: Moodle documentation: Video tutorials

by Jeffery Watkins -

We made some little movies for a number of functions for one of our clients.  They are free to use, just login as guest. www.nyscss.org/netspace

Topics:

Adding a New Topic to Discussion Forum
Replying to a Topic or Post
Adding a Picture to your Profile
Add Resource: Chat
Add Resource: Weblinks
Add Resource: Upload File
Change Enrollment Key

Jeff

In reply to Jeffery Watkins

by Tim Allen -

Hi Jeff,

Thanks a lot for offering these movies at http://www.nyscss.org/netspace/course/view.php?id=24smile Is it possible to download the files, I don't know how to do it (the flash movies are embedded in the webpage).

Thanks again,
Tim.

In reply to Tim Allen

by Jeffery Watkins -

Sorry Tim,

They were part of a project we did for a client so we cannot make them available for download.  We were happy just to keep them open for guests.

We are going to put together a package of video tutorials which will be available from the ClassroomRevolution website sometime in the near future.

Jeff

In reply to Jeff Wood

by Chardelle Busch -
Picture of Core developers

Hi Jeff (Wood),

Just a quick comment on your flash file.  It's too wide (over 900 pixels - I don't know if you can change these settings in Camtasia) to fit in most browsers, even set at 1024 x 768. One thing about flash files is they "shrink and stretch" without distortion, try sticking the flash file inside a table with the width set at 100% to avoid annoying horizontal scrolling.  Also, I tried it with 56k modem and it ran fairly well, just a couple of pauses but not bad.

I really like the VO commentary, I think it adds a lot.

Chardelle

In reply to Chardelle Busch

by Jeff Wood -

Chardelle,

Tnx for feedback.

The current "view" was done to make viewing easier, but I see that sizing is an issue....surprise I'll play with sizing for the next batch.

Jeff

In reply to Jeff Wood

by Richard Lemont -

Jeff Wood;

Nice student tutorial. Any chance we can download a copy?

Rich Lemont