Multiple submission assignments

Multiple submission assignments

by Richard Brook -
Number of replies: 1
Hope I'm posting to the right place here?

There are some curriculum areas in our College where students struggle to complete assignment work. This means that work may pass from the student to the tutor and back again 3 or 4 times. This is needed to allow the student to develop a better understand of what is being required of him/her.

I appreciate that there is an educational discussion to be had here around how we prepare students for assignment work before it is issued.

We understand how to use the Moodle assignment modules.

If a tutor downloads a students work, comments within the document electronically to provide the precise steer the student needs, is there a module or plug-in that would allow the tutor to pass the assignment back to the student for further work? This would keep assignment handling within Moodle, it would provide activity tracking and would remove the need to step outside Moodle to use email to return work to students.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Richard

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Richard Brook

Re: Multiple submission assignments

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi there. If your students are sending in their work via wordprocessed documents then you can read it, resave and send it back to them by using the Advanced Uploading of Files assignment. I did this for a colleague in another school but you can have a look here : http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SahXhi3zLqs