HELP PLEASE INSTALLING NEW BLOCKS - e.g. WIKIPEDIA

HELP PLEASE INSTALLING NEW BLOCKS - e.g. WIKIPEDIA

by David Hutchison -
Number of replies: 6
Hi

I'm new to installing and using MOODLE.

Can someone please take me through...

Installing WIKIPEDIA so it appears on each of my students pages when they log in. Ive downloaded the block but don't know what to do now and if I need a graphic and where to put any graphic?

thanks in advance

david
Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Hutchison

Re: HELP PLEASE INSTALLING NEW BLOCKS - e.g. WIKIPEDIA

by Richard Enison -
DH,

You seem to have three questions, one easy, the second slightly confusing, the third more confusing:
  1. Having downloaded a block, how do you install it? See Installing contributed modules or plugins#Block_installation.
  2. How do you include it on students' pages when they log in? I guess that depends on what page they normally see when they log in: front page, course page, mymoodle page? Whichever page it is, I presume this is just a matter of adding an instance of the block (once it's installed, of course) to the page. See Blocks. To make it a Sticky block, see Sticky blocks.
  3. "If I need a graphic, where to put the graphic?" What kind of graphic do you think you might need? For what purpose? Where do you want to put it? If you are talking about pictures in Wikipedia articles, I'm sure they will appear automatically when you use the block to find the article.
For more help on blocks, try the Blocks forum.

RLE
In reply to Richard Enison

by David Hutchison -
thanks very much.

d

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Just moving this discussion to the blocks forum...
In reply to Helen Foster

by David Hutchison -
hi again.
Ive downloaded the zip file, uploaded it and unzipped it. when i go to the pull down it seems wikipedia is not listed in there. Ive tried this numerous times now. can someone help please?
d

by David Hutchison -
after while it seemed the wikipedia block came up on the menu....so its sorted thanks...dont know why it takes so long to feed through.

d

Re: help please - wikipedia block wont move..has no arrows

by David Hutchison -
hi..Ive installed the Wikipedia block but cant move it..it has no movement arrows...how can I move it?
thanks

d