Lesson contents in a PDF

Lesson contents in a PDF

av Shaan p -
Galle vástádusa: 6

I want my lesson module to have a link which on click must display it's contents in a PDF file. Can any one give me a detailed description about how this can be done ?

Thanks in Advance !!

Gjennomsnittlig vurdering: -
Vástádussan geasa: Shaan p

Re: Lesson contents in a PDF

av Ray Kingdon -
Not exactly sure what you are asking for. If you want to reference a PDF file in a page of a lesson you simply highlight the words of the link and click on the Link button in the second toolbar of the HTML editor. Fill out the details in the Link dialogue box and it's done. Please get back if that's not the question smile.
Vástádussan geasa: Ray Kingdon

av Shaan p -

No that's not what i'm asking for .

My question is ,In the lesson view i should have a link(say a PDF icon similar to print in book module !). when i click that link ,a PDF file must get opened with the content's of that particular lesson . so that the student can save and have the PDF as an OFLINE copy .

am i clear ?

Expecting your help !!

Thanks in advance .

Vástádussan geasa: Shaan p

av Ray Kingdon -
Ah, that's not so trivial wink. I am hoping to add an XML export (and import) to the Lesson module soon. But I've no plans to add a PDF export, sorry.
Vástádussan geasa: Ray Kingdon

av Al Williams -
That would be difficult. However, the teacher could generate a shadow PDF with Distiller, Ghostscript, or whatever and store the PDF in files. Then you could make a link to the PDF in the lesson text. Not automated, though. Everytime you change the lesson, you'd need to regenerate the "shadow" PDF. Does that help?
Vástádussan geasa: Al Williams

av Shaan p -

Creating a Shadow PDF file seperately will be hectic process . Bcoz for each and every change in the lesson the PDF has also be updated.

I'm through till creating a PDF from my lesson. ie. I have a link say a PDF icon and which on click fetches the values(lesson)from the DB and displays it in a PDF file .

But the problem is , the values (contents) in the mdl_lesson_pages are stored as HTML contents (including HTML tags) . Can any one please give me some idea regarding hiding this html tags and display the content in the same format (style) I have attached a copy of my pdf file too.

Thanks in Advance !!!

Mielddus pdf_lesson.jpg