Does Guest account work with LDAP?

Does Guest account work with LDAP?

Clare Smith -
Кількість відповідей: 5
HI,

I can't work out why our guest login isn't working. Normal Authentication is via LDAP, but I've set up a course:
- with guest access (not requiring key),
- made the guest login button available
- ticked the autologinguests setting in site user policies
- made the default role for visitors as 'guest'

When I click on the name of the course, it first takes me to the login screen (which I thought would be bypassed by ticking
.autologinguests'), and then when I click login as guest it says 'Invalid login, please try again'.

Have I missed as step - does a guest account need to be added to our active directory? I've looked in the documentation but can't find reference to this problem. We are on 1.9.2

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,
Clare

У відповідь на Clare Smith

Re: Does Guest account work with LDAP?

Iñaki Arenaza -
Фото Core developers Фото Documentation writers Фото Particularly helpful Moodlers Фото Peer reviewers Фото Plugin developers

I don't know what the problem is, but I can tell you that you don't need to create a guest account in your active directory. The guest account is internal to Moodle.

Saludos. Iñaki.

Mike Worth -
Have you disabled manual account authentication? If you do this then I assume it will stop anyone with a manual password (including guest I suppose) logging in

Mike
У відповідь на Mike Worth

Clare Smith -

Hi

Manual accounts were enabled.

Anyhow... I've just managed to fix it after a bit more digging around. Found advice elsewhere to look at mdl_user table in MySQl. Tried repairing table, to no avail but then tried deleting the row with the guest user account. I then going to Moodle and clicked on the course with guest access and it worked! The guest user has been re-created in the table and seems to be working ok, auto login as well. smile

Thanks for replies

Clare

Blair F. -
Фото Particularly helpful Moodlers

I know it's been many years since the original post, but I've come across this because I'm having this issue with Moodle 2.8.12.  Tried deleting the row with the Guest User account (id=1) and it didn't work.  Has anyone else ever had and solved this issue in some other way?  Thanks.