What happens when a user installs or upgrades your plugin

What happens when a user installs or upgrades your plugin

by Luis Salazar Jurado -
Number of replies: 1
Hi Forum:

I've been trying to create my own "myqtype" database in Installing and upgrading plugin database tables .

The sucessfull message once the database was upgraded it has been shown.

Once the message was shown I opened my Mysql Administrator but the new table wasn't appear.

I did the whole process but once I have to manipulate the file lib/adminlib.php I don't really know what to do.

After that documentation say....The process is triggered when an administrator goes to the Admin notifications page (.../admin/index.php). The code that does the work is the upgrade_plugins function in lib/adminlib.php. In pseudo-code, what it does is...

May I change the code of this file to get the result?

Can anybody help me,please?

Thanks in advance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Luis Salazar Jurado

Re: What happens when a user installs or upgrades your plugin

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I am feeling a bit disappointed, because I wrote Development:Installing_and_upgrading_plugin_database_tables in the hope that it would help people in your position. Clearly you have found and read it, but I did not do a good enough job of explaining sad

Just to be clear, you do not need to change the code in .../admin/index.php or lib/adminlib.php.

If you are still struggling to make it work, I can suggest two things. Either post your code here as a zip file so we can see your code, and perhaps find the problem.

Or you could look at the code for some other plugins that do work, and see what they do that is different from your code.