Quickmail + Firefox + MS Word

Quickmail + Firefox + MS Word

by Edith Lin -
Number of replies: 5

Hi

One of my user reported that a strange comment shown in his emails to students. I checked that this happens to Firefox only when contents are copied from MS Word. I tried to use "Clean Word HTML" button but it doesn't help.

Any ideas?

Here is the strange comment:

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:?啁敦??; panose-1:2 2 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-alt:PMingLiU; mso-font-charset:136; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 137232384 22 0 1048577 0;} @font-face {font-family:"@?啁敦??"; panose-1:2 2 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-charset:136; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 137232384 22 0 1048577 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:?啁敦??; mso-ansi-language:EN-GB;} p.MsoHeader, li.MsoHeader, div.MsoHeader {margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; tab-stops:center 207.65pt right 415.3pt; layout-grid-mode:char; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:?啁敦??; mso-ansi-language:EN-GB;} /* Page Definitions */ @page {mso-page-border-surround-header:no; mso-page-border-surround-footer:no;} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Edith Lin

Re: Quickmail + Firefox + MS Word

by Bob Puffer -
I believe it happens on both a PC using MSWord 2007 and a Mac using MSWord 2008 though with the Mac the clean Word button works and it doesn't on a PC. It also happens any other time the editor is used for pasting from MSWord so its not particular to Quickmail. It happens with Firefox, IE and Safari, seemingly regardless of version.
NOTE: The HTML that is displayed is actually commented HTML
In reply to Bob Puffer

by Chris Potter -
It appears that the "Clean Word HTML" button should be taking care of this (by removing HTML comments), according to my (brief) examination of the javascript code in the editor (I'm not a javascript guy, but the code makes sense). Interesting that there is an inconsistency between Mac and PC in this regard. I see this happen seemingly anywhere that the HTML editor is loaded. Anyone tried a different editor or modifying the "kill word" functions in the javascript?
In reply to Edith Lin

by Ann Adamcik -
There is a bug filed in the Moodle tracker for this one - see MDL-16621. You can create a tracker account if you don't already have one, add comments, and/or vote for this to be fixed.
In reply to Ann Adamcik

by Edith Lin -

Thanks for your hints, I've just voted on this thread.

In reply to Edith Lin

by Zbysiu Rodak -
I just copy and paste into notebook first, then copy and paste into Moodle. wink