Error - Unable to Acquire LMS API

Error - Unable to Acquire LMS API

by Jim Rehmann -
Number of replies: 6

I have a really bizarre thing happening here.  I get an error message when launching one of my SCORM 1.2 modules from Moodle.  The error occurs ONLY if logging in with Guest access, not if I log in as administrator, student, or teacher.  AND, it happens only in this one object, not the 20 or so others that have been created and work just fine.

When trying to launch the learning object as a guest, this message appears:

Error - unable to acquire LMS API, content may not play properly and results may not be recorded. Please contact technical support.

I have recreated the SCORM object, deleted the old one, uploaded all the new files, etc. multiple times.  Attached is the log file for the error, does anyone have any educated guesses as to why this single object is causing a problem?!?!?!

Thanks for any help!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jim Rehmann

Re: Error - Unable to Acquire LMS API

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Are there any javascript errors in any javascript you have written inside the actual scorm object? - it's possible that it's interferring with the javascript of the API and causing the failure?

I see you're running the new debugger, so I'm guessing you're using a newer version of Moodle? - is it 1.9.3 or one of the earlier 1.9.2Stable releases? - if it's an earlier stable release it would be good if you could upgrade to 1.9.3 if possible as it might be fixed there?

- is it possible for you to share the scorm object that is causing the failure with us to allow us to test?
In reply to Dan Marsden

by Austen Sinclair -

Hi

We look after a business user and get this all the time. It's generally either;

• Javascript turned off,
  • Flash player too old (or something wrong with that that is fixed by uninstalling & re-installing the Flash player), or
  • For those still using IE6 the wrong securty zone

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Austen

In reply to Austen Sinclair

by florence labord -

hello,

I am using moodle 1.9.3  and articulate quizz maker 2.1 to generate quizzes Scorm 1.2

I 've created  a course  format SCORM, uploded the ZIP  file and called it

the error message when launching the scorm is after a few second  : Unable to acquire LMS API

It occurs as well with IE last version than with firefox

Some help ? thank you very much, Florence.

In reply to florence labord

by Piers Harding -
this usually means that there is a JavaScript error that has occured before the API lookup.

Have you tried debugging this with Firebug?

Cheers,
Piers Harding.
In reply to florence labord

by Jim Rehmann -

Are you allowing Guest access to the module?  If so, we found that if we removed Guest access to the module and made it for registered users only, the problem never would re-occur.

In reply to Jim Rehmann

by florence labord -

thanks to all of you !

I tried firebug first, than I used  Roberto Pinna test here :  http://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?d=50&rid=1656 , so the trouble wasn't coming from moodle (and I do not allow guest access) no more than my explorer ...

But I've solved my problem, I suppose. In fact the trouble occurs if I use the zip generated by  articulate quizz maker...

if I Zip files manually, and upload files , and then I call the zip scorm package in moodle 1.9.3.+,  the content is correctly displayed.

Cheers, Flo