Verify Certificate for 1.93

Verify Certificate for 1.93

by Frances Taylor -
Number of replies: 22

Have tweaked the old verify_certificate block to work with new table structure in 1.93 certificate module. Please test this before going with full production server - it does work perfectly fine on mine though. Just wanted to share this with anyone who needs it.

I am not 100% sure but you could also try this with the FAT Certificate modules - it seems the tables are similar in certificate_issues with either certificate module so it may work with that one as well. But it definitely works with the regular certificate module on my server. It installs as a BLOCK though...please put it in your BLOCK folder. Enjoy guys and gals! Fran Taylor

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Frances Taylor

Re: Verify Certificate for 1.93

by Frances Taylor -

I have two questions for anyone who knows:

1 - Where can I get the site-wide certificate report as the web link for it does not work?

2 - The grades no longer appear in the certificate issues table and do not appear on the course certificate report/report.php - I believe the variable names have changed or something and the grade data is no longer being written to my certificate_issues table in the database...any ideas?

I did comment out the cert_print on certificate and at the same time selected print grade in the certificate form but still no luck...just a bunch of N/A's on the grade column of the report.

Thanks!

by Frances Taylor -

I did a little adjusting - and now new grades (not the old ones from before the upgrade) do show up in certificate issues as 'report grades' which allows them to show up in the course certificate report. Any info on the sitewide certificate report would still be appreciated thanks!

by Frances Taylor -

Here is an added function on verify certificate to show course credits and to have them recorded in the certificate_issues table. I realize the language file had issues - I made some changes to my language file certificate.php to include items for the certificate verification as below for those interested:

//Print to certificate strings
$string['grade'] = 'Grade';
$string['coursegrade'] = 'Course Grade';
$string['credithours'] = '';
$string['certificatecredithours'] = 'Credit Hours';

//Strings for verification block
$string['entercode'] = 'Enter certificate code to verify:';
$string['validate'] = 'Verify';
$string['certificate'] = 'Verification for certificate code:';
$string['verifycertificate'] = 'Verify Certificate';
$string['notfound'] = 'The certificate number could not be validated.';
$string['back'] = 'Back';
$string['to'] = 'Awarded to';
$string['course'] = 'For';
$string['date'] = 'On';
$string['grade'] = 'Grade';

This information is just provided to assist anyone who might want to add to this block so I hope it helps! Please test it first before running on production server. Cheers! Fran

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by pcOxygen Private -

Frances, thank you for posting this file and update.  Especially the readme file in the download.  It helped to figure out the installation.

Speaking of which, it amazes me that developers go through all the trouble of writing script, then fail to write a simple installation instruction file and include a README.txt file with thier zip package.  black eye

I suppose developers expect users of Moodle to be psychic and know where or how to install their mods and add-ons.

A simple "Installation Instructions" WITH EVERY dowload should be something required to post a download here.  It would reduce a lot of stress levels with site administrators.

by Ricardo Groiso -

I'm trying to install this module and so far failed.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Kako

In reply to Ricardo Groiso

by Raymond Fürst -

verify certificate is a block, not a module.

The block must be installed in yourmoodledir/blocks/verify_certificate, not in yourmoodledir/mod/certificate

In reply to Raymond Fürst

by Ricardo Groiso -

yes. I missed writing here, but it was done. Installed in the  block/verify_certificate directory still moodle does not recognize the block.

by Joachim Vogelgesang -

What is the meaning of 'moodle does not recognize the block'?

• in site administration / modules / blocks 'verify certificate' is missing (you have activated 'notifications' button?)
  • or do you mean that you can´t add the block in right side blocks (you have given an other name and you are surching e.g. 'verify certificate')
  • or you can build the block - but inserting the code you want to verify, system does not work?

Você pode explicar um pouco mais detalhadamente?

In reply to Joachim Vogelgesang

by Ricardo Groiso -

o bloco Verify Certificate disponibilizado no "Modules and Plugins" não esta funcionando. Baixei o bloco de um link do forum.

Já tinha instalado o Certificate no diretorio mod/certificate e funciona perfeitamente.

Descompactei Verify Certificate no diretorio blocks/verify_certificate.

Ao abrir o Moodle, ativo edição, clico no blocos acrescentar a direita e não consta o Verify Certificate.

Vou no adminsitração do site, clico em módulos e depois em blocos e gerenciar blocos, e não encontro nenum Verify Certificate.

Como colocar o modulo para funcionar? Não estou conseguindo.

Obrigado.

Ricardo

by Joachim Vogelgesang -

Further explanation in English due to intern. forum

• you downloaded the corresponding version (e.g. 1.9. or 1.7. or...) to your system?
  • after download you have activated 'notifications' button? 'Vou no adminsitração do site, clico em módulos e depois em blocos e gerenciar blocos, e não encontro nenum Verify Certificate.' indicates that you have not downloaded the block correctly!
  • have you created a new (in your language) lang string and given a new block name, then you must look for this name wink
  • try a new download here

hth, Joachim

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Ricardo Groiso -

let's start from the beginning: where down the block Verify Certificate completed? Who sent the link does not work.
My moodle is 1.9.6 +

by Joachim Vogelgesang -

Indeed official links are not working (due to update to 2.0?) - if you want, use this one which is working well in my 1.9.9

by Ricardo Groiso -

Joachim!

Thank you.

I downloaded, untarred the Verify Certificate within the block directory. Do not put it in the directory __MACOSX directory. I went on Moodle as an administrator, enable editing, I was in the right block and found the Verify Certificate.

I went to the site administration -> Modules -> block -> Manage Blocks and also found nothing.

Still the same.

by Ricardo Groiso -

Ola, Joachim!

Get it to work. Thanks.

Could you tell how do I change the language? I've done the translation.

by Joachim Vogelgesang -

This is quite easy - go to the 'lang' folder, create a new folder and call it 'pt_utf8'; then copy the content of 'en_utf8' folder, i.e. 'block_verify_certificate.php', and overwrite the English expressions by our ownes. Save all and put it into your 'pt_utf8' folder.

Done - boa sorte!

Joachim

by Ricardo Groiso -

Good morning!
I upgraded from moodle 1.9.6 + to 1.9.10. After this update my verify_certificate was well on the homepage: entercode, lost the text.
In version 1.9.6 + was working perfectly.
How to put the required text in my language?
Thanks
Ricardo

by Ricardo Groiso -

Good day!
Has anyone installed this version in Moodle 2.0?
Urgent need.
thanks

by Ricardo Groiso -

Good morning!

Could you give me some information?
Because the main page see [[entercode]] where it should appear in the translation of this Portuguese word, which would validate certificates.
I've made several changes in / lang/en_utf8/block_verify_certificate.php and / lang/pt_utf8/block_verify_certificate.php and does not change [[entercode]]
Any ideas?
thanks
Ricardo

by Ricardo Groiso -

What I need to update this block to work with Moodle 2.x?

Someone managed to make this block work with Moodle 2.x?

thanks

Ricardo

by Marcio Henrique Zuchini -

Hi, Ricardo.

That's a really good question. I'm testing a Moodle 2.3 box and this is my issue at the moment. I tried some very simple hacks using the original "verify_certificate.zip" block, Moodle was able to recognize  the block:

title /blocks/verify_certificate Contributed   2012091800
  • Moodle 2011033006
To be installed

...but that was not enough:

Plugin "block_verify_certificate" is defective or outdated, can not continue, sorry.

Debug info: Plugin installed in wrong folder.
Error code: detectedbrokenplugin
Stack trace:
  • line 710 of /lib/upgradelib.php: plugin_defective_exception thrown
  • line 360 of /lib/upgradelib.php: call to upgrade_plugins_blocks()
  • line 1524 of /lib/upgradelib.php: call to upgrade_plugins()
  • line 329 of /admin/index.php: call to upgrade_noncore()

Of course, the "verify_certificate" was put in the block folder.

Still trying...

Marcio.