HP without JPEG and Timer

HP without JPEG and Timer

by Lucy Garcia -
Number of replies: 5
I have been uploading previously made HP exercises I had ready, quite easily, and they have always worked perfectly. However, I have been trying to upload a Crossword with pictures for clues, a JPEG image as background and I set a timer on the exercise. I uploaded everything onto the platform, as I have done many times before, but the exercise doesn't show any of the pictures, or the background, or the timer. I could eventually understand that I did something wrong with the JPEGs, but the timer??? It's part of the HP programm, it's not imported!! And I have other exercises with timers that work OK. The zip file is well within the limit stipulated by our server, so that's not the problem. I just don't get it!!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lucy Garcia

Re: HP without JPEG and Timer

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

PLease could you try uploading the zip file to my server so I can investigate:

thanks
Gordon

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Lucy Garcia -

OK. I sent the zip file and unzipped it, nothing else. I don't want to do anything that might compromise a correct analysis of the problem. Before zipping, I checked the exercise, and it was working perfectly. I also sent the original JCross to see if I missed anything there.

Thanks,

Lucy

In reply to Lucy Garcia

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Thanks Lucy.

The files seem to work fine on my Moodle 1.9.3 site:
Perhaps you are using Moodle 1.9.2 which had a problem with images in HotPots? In which, case you should upgrade.

Otherwise, could you give me access to your site (prefereably teacher access), so I can experience the problem first hand.

cheers
Gordon
Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Lucy Garcia -

I don't know, so I'll find out which version. But I think I'm jinxed, on top of all that, I can't access Moodle! I try to log on, and my name appears as being logged on, but it keeps asking me to insert the passwords without letting me work. And it's not even Friday 13th!!!

Know of any de-jinxing spells?

Bye

Lucy

by Clifton Beasley -
Thank you Gordon! I'm having a similar trouble and this answers it (I need to upgrade).