Random Glossary Block HELP!!!!

Random Glossary Block HELP!!!!

by G Curson -
Number of replies: 6

I have a glossary of ICT terms in a course which is in the root of a category

(Main Site > ICT > glossary)

Yet i want to link this glossary in a Random Glossary Entry Block to completely seperate course within the ICT category, for example

Main Site > ICT > KS3 > Task1

and to have the random block showing key words for the ICT topic.

The glossary is set as a main glossary and is also global however, whenever i try and select the glossary from the block, it does not show and just leaves me with the option choose... from the drop down list.  No glossary appears.

Can anyone help solve this as I do not want individual glossaries for each course.

Thanks,

Gary

Average of ratings: -
In reply to G Curson

Re: Random Glossary Block HELP!!!!

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Gary - I have a client that is looking for this functionality which is currently not part of the glossary_random block. I agree that the expected behavior would be to have global glossaries be listed as part of the selection menu. I have created a feature request in the Moodle Tracker (MDL-20131). Feel free to comment, watch, and/or vote for that issue. Peace - Anthony
In reply to Anthony Borrow

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Just a quick follow up that I have created a patch that I think will resolve MDL-20131 but it needs to be reviewed and tested. I will give it a run on my client's production site and see how it goes. Peace - Anthony
In reply to Anthony Borrow

by Claire Browne -
Random Glossary help.

I have in my glossary the word design, when I put in a topic section the word designer it underlines the letters DESIGN (to shown design).

is there any way I can turn this off to only underling the letters it knows. I do not want designer underlined.

many thanks.
In reply to Claire Browne

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Claire,
When you create a new definition, at the bottom of the screen you'll have to tick the Match whole words only box.
Joseph
Attachment image00.jpg
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Claire Browne -
where do i find that setting?
In reply to Claire Browne

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
When you create a new definition, at the bottom of the screen you'll have to tick the Match whole words only box.