Problems with pop-up feedback that is invisible/not recorded or contains html tags when paragraph is used in text

Problems with pop-up feedback that is invisible/not recorded or contains html tags when paragraph is used in text

by Susanna Prokopec -
Number of replies: 2

Dear all,

we are running version 1.8 and having a problem with feedback not being recorded and not visible or with feedback text suddenly containing html tags.

This just occurs if you open the grading pop-up window, insert your feedback and press the enter key at least once using a paragraph/paragraphs in your feedback text! If you save or save and next the changes/feedback and grades are not recorded and not visible. (In case you have not used the enter key in your feedback it's no problem and your feedback and grading is visible...)

In case you have used the enter key in your feedback pop-up window at least once and your feedback is invisible you can then try to make the feedback visible in the assignment overview by refreshing the page or using the quick grading mode. In both cases the feedback and grading becomes visible, however in the quick grading mode all paragraphs are suddenly marked <p> and </p> respectively in the feedback text like in an html code and the feedback text is hardly readable.

I would be glad if anybody knew how this problem can be solved. It's driving me crazy...

THX, Susanna

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Susanna Prokopec

Re: Problems with pop-up feedback that is invisible/not recorded or contains html tags when paragraph is used in text

by Mark Pearson -
I think this issue might be solved in a newer version of 1.8 than what you're running. Why not check the download page and update your moodle installation at the earliest opportunity? It may well address the problem.
In reply to Mark Pearson

Re: Problems with pop-up feedback that is invisible/not recorded or contains html tags when paragraph is used in text

by Susanna Prokopec -
THX Mark, this seems to be the only way possible ...