Glossary entry grading problem: "This is not valid entry!"

Glossary entry grading problem: "This is not valid entry!"

by Fernando Inglés -
Number of replies: 3
I'm finding a problem grading my students' entries to the glossary. Whenever they send an entry and I try to grade it, after clicking the button to send the new grades I get an error screen with the message "This is not valid entry!"

Any ideas how I can solve this? I'm using Moodle 1.9
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Fernando Inglés

Re: Glossary entry grading problem: "This is not valid entry!"

by Nathan Ducker -
I have the same problem, and to add further details, after the message "this is not a valid entry" the website defaults to the home page, and does not return to the course I was working on.

This problem occurs in both the secondary and main glossary. (I am using moodle 1.9.2)
Thanks
In reply to Nathan Ducker

by Fernando Inglés -
I haven't managed to solve this problem yet, but I've got further information (which, by the way, means absolutely nothing to me mixed ). When I log in as admin and turn debug on, apart from the aforementioned error, I get the following:

Stack trace:
  • line 1651 of lib/deprecatedlib.php: call to debugging()
  • line 55 of mod/glossary/rate.php: call to error()
Can anyone out there help?

Thanks

In reply to Fernando Inglés

by Yolanda Ordóñez Rufat -
There's a report on this bug in the tracker. There you find a patch with our workaround.
The error occurs when you try to rate an entry that has been moved to the main glossary. Because ratings in exported glossary entries shouldn't be allowed. The rating menu shouldn't appear in those cases.

Hope this helps