Quiz created on Captivate not allowing user choose an answer

Quiz created on Captivate not allowing user choose an answer

by Claudia Rodas -
Number of replies: 6

Hello,
I am new to both Moodle and Captivate. I created a lesson on reading comprehension for my students. A story followed by some questions. 

Here is the problem: Some students get an error message "You did not answer the question completely." It doesn't allow them to choose an answer. They can skip the question and move to the next question. I find it odd that some questions work and some don't. Also, it only happen to a few students and not all.

I uploaded my zip file using a SCORM package. I checked all quiz preferences to figure it out and I can't. Please help!!

Thanks,

Claudia

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Claudia Rodas

Re: Quiz created on Captivate not allowing user choose an answer

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi There,

make sure you are using the latest version of 1.9Weekly as there are a lot of issues that have been resolved in the past 3 months.

Make sure your students aren't blocking Javascript or have any pop-up blockers.

If you are using the latest version of 1.9 weekly, and your students aren't blocking JS or pop-ups, upload a copy of an object that gives the issue to the SCORM Repository, and link to it here, explaining the exact environment that allows you to reproduce the error - eg What browser/version, what part of the quiz fails etc.

thanks,

smile

Dan

by Tom Cox -
Hi Claudia,

I'd look really closely at this forum:

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=79349

I have been having the same kind of problems with Captivate, in both Moodle and other LMS's, and the template.htm file available in the forum has been the only thing that has helped signifigantly. We still have the occasional hickupp. Increasing the preloader load % and increasing the slide time for the question slide have also helped.

Please let us know if you find a better solution, as I am in desperate need of one. Are you using Captivate 3? If so, they do have a patch available, but I have not seen better results using it.

Tom

In reply to Tom Cox

by Claudia Rodas -

Dan and Tom,

Thank you for replying. I'll try your suggestions and get back to you. I hope it works.

I'm working on a project for school and they are grading me hard on all this.

Chat soon,

Claudia

by Claudia Rodas -

Hello,

I think that I have it figured out. I went back to my SCORM package and said NO to preview screen. For some reason, some students were moved from the actual lesson to the preview section during the quiz and that's why they couldn't answer the questions.

I'm not having that problem. Now, I can't figure out grades. I'll look around here for some answers.

Thanks,

Claudia

by David McGeown -

Hi, I seem to be having the same problems as you. Please see below the post i have just placed on the captivate forum. I have tried your suggestions in this forum, but to no avail....

Hi,

I have a captivate lesson hosted on our internal Moodle LMS. The lesson was created in Captivate 4, it is published in Flash 10 and is AS3, the SCORM settings are SCORM 1.2. Throughout the course there are a series of questions for the user to answer, a combination of multiple choice, drag and drop and also some click button questions asking them to click on certain objects and then giving a score for each correct object clicked. This is our first major deployment of a captivate lesson and our intention is to use captivate and moodle to deploy a raft of courses, however there is a rather large obstacle to this.

There is an issue where a user go's through a course and each time they get to a questio slide, it appears that they have already answered the question and have got the question wrong. The only way they can then continue with the lesson is to use the play button. The continue button on the question slides doesn't work and the whole slide is frozen out. This issue is completely random, it doesn't happen to all users. In fact it doesn't always happen to the same users twice. Has anyone seen anything like this before? I really would appreciate the help.

Thanks

David

In reply to David McGeown

by Sean Klarich -
David,

I have had the exact same issues before with users, all of our courses are Captivate 4, AS3, Flash 10 using SCORM 1.2. After moving to a much more powerful server the issues seemed to dissipate but every now and then we get a user saying the course froze. One way to help will be to set reporting in Captivate to report on Interactions instead of Slide View and Interactions, this way only on questions will the database be written to, saving some processor power and cutting down the amount of simultaneous queries. I have also been told that there could be an issue sometimes with the users browser/computer and their virtual memory which builds up as they take the course.

Sorry I couldn't give a more straight answer on how to fix it, but I believe there are many variables that are affecting this and the one that cut it down the most for me was moving servers.

Hope this helps,
Sean