Where can i learn about moodle?

Where can i learn about moodle?

by Stephen Brown -
Number of replies: 3
Sorry to seem so ignorant but I am in need of help. I want to have a go with moodle as a trial for a primary school VLE. Thing is I have no idea how it runs, for example does it have to be installed on a server first? Where can I find an overview for absolute beginners please?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stephen Brown

Re: Where can i learn about moodle?

by Paul Misner -
Patrick,
No worries. I once was a moodle beginner, and found that it was very easy to install. The main problem I see in testing moodle is that it has so many features that it can be overwhelming at times.

You will need to install Moodle on some kind of server. There are virtual machines, such as Jumpbox (www.jumpbox.com) that have moodle already installed.

Moodle is also available as part of a cpanel install script from many hosting providers, such as mine, Siteground.

Good luck with your testing. The docs are very good here, and you have a good group of folks to support you as well.

In reply to Stephen Brown

Re: Where can i learn about moodle?

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
If you just want to know what Moodle can do without bothering about installation and networking issues, there are sites where you can have a free test account for a limited period. You can also contact me off-list on this.

The other subject, how to create content on Moodle, there are tons of information, from free videos, demonstration online courses, seminars, books, you name it. Not to forget the obvious, this site moodle.org is a demnostration itself wink