Additional file processing

Additional file processing

by Adrian Ahuatzi -
Number of replies: 2

Hi there,

I'm actually new to Moodle. I've found that the way to add a file to a course is through the "Resource" module. How can I "tweak" the module in order to make additional processing to the uploaded files, i.e. convert Office Docs into PDF docs, compress BMP images into JPG and things like these... so, when a user downloads the resource is, instead, getting the "compressed" or "converted" file??

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Adrian Ahuatzi

Re: Additional file processing

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Er- if I think I understand you right are you wanting to make it so Moodle will do the converting from say Open Office to pdf or bmp to jpg etc? I don't think you can do that. I think you need to process/convert/compress your files before you upload them. Open Office to pdf is easy anyway as OpenOffice has a built in pdf converter which you can use before you upload the resource. Apologies if I misunderstood your query.
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Additional file processing

by Adrian Ahuatzi -

Hi,

Yes, I think I didn't explained myself right. The thing is, by now I have written a php script that handles document conversion using jodconverter and openoffice. It simply gets as its input the file name and returns it's pdf version. I wonder if I can "embed" it, or something like that, into the Resource module??