I cannot Import HotPot

I cannot Import HotPot

by Nestor Cortes -
Number of replies: 4
Hi there!
I have already enabled the HotPot Module; however when I try to import a JCloze file "Simple_Vs_Progressive.jcl" the question import robot tells me:

"
Importing 1 questions
Unsupported question type (multianswer)!
"
What am I doing wrong?

Cheers!
Nestor
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nestor Cortes

Re: I cannot Import HotPot

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi there. How are you importing this file? (which you should go back and save as a webpage actually) Your message sounds like the one you would get when making a quiz not adding a hotpotatoes activity. Are you going to Add an activity>Hotpotatoes quiz and then uploading your file next to Filename? I tried with your file and it worked for me. Are you trying to import this into a lesson? I am not sure lessons support the j-cloze format. If you wanted it in a lesson you could use the SCORM format but it might be simpler just to add in via the hotpotatoes quiz module
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Nestor Cortes -
I was trying to add to a lesson.

Thanks for the clue. I'll better add a new Hot potatoes activity after de lesson.

cheers,

Nestor
In reply to Nestor Cortes

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Yes - add it separately as a hotpot activity. (You could always link to it in the lesson if you wanted an easy way round it and you wanted to make a lesson.)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Nestor, Hi Mary,

> Simple_Vs_Progressive.jcl: How are you importing this file?
> (which you should go back and save as a webpage actually)

For future reference, it is not neessary to go back and save the JCloze file as a "webpage". The HotPot module can handle the jcl files just as they are.

> Are you trying to import this into a lesson?
> I am not sure lessons support the j-cloze format.

You're right. It seems the Lesson module does not import MULTIANSWER questions, which is what is required for a cloze exercise. The allowable question formats for importing into the Lesson module seem to be:
  • SHORTANSWER
  • NUMERICAL
  • TRUEFALSE
  • MULTICHOICE
  • MATCH
Which means you can import JCross, JMatch, JMix, JQuiz exercises in the Lesson module, but not JCloze.

FYI, you can import all kinds of Hot Potatoes quizzes, including JCloze, into Moodle's Quiz module.

> it might be simpler just to add in via the hotpotatoes quiz module

Yes, I agree.

all the bet
Gordon