WARNING!!! The code you are using is OLDER than the version that made these databases!

WARNING!!! The code you are using is OLDER than the version that made these databases!

by Shirin Shirvani -
Number of replies: 2
Hi

I copy Admin foulder from my backup about 2 moonth ago for testing something and first I rename Admin foulder. But when I switch to the first, I delete the old version . I have this problem in administrator mood:

Version mismatch: block calendar_month can't downgrade 2004052400 -> 2004041000 !

regards
Shirin
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Shirin Shirvani

Re: WARNING!!! The code you are using is OLDER than the version that made these databases!

by Marilyn Fleming -

When you back up Moodle to test an upgrade, you have to back up your mysql database too. Not just the moodle code. But it's too late now.

What happened in your case as that version 2004052400 introduced a change in the database structure that can't be downgraded by the installer.

If you absolutely must go backwards, you might 1) make a backup of all courses, 2) detete (DROP) all tables in the mysql database (not with a Moodle command, but with some external database control panel), 3) reinstall Moodle 204041000 from a scratch, then 3) restore the course backups.

This is a high-risk change if people are actually using your courses. Before undertaking such a drastic step, you might wait to see if one of the real Moodle experts offers you a better alternative.

In reply to Marilyn Fleming

mysql version updates problems

by sibel karabulut -

I have get above error messages continously. What can I do??

1050: Table 'mdl_blocks' already exists