Restore issue ID Parameter

Restore issue ID Parameter

by Scott Cotterell -
Number of replies: 6

Dear all,

I am trying to restore courses to new install of moodle and on large courses it fails with a message saying missing parameter ID.

Any help would be appreciated.

Scott

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Scott Cotterell

Re: Restore issue ID Parameter

by Tammy Maginity -
I have a similar problem. When I try to upload a backup file to restore it, it says a required parameter id is missing. I have tried a few things and don't have the answer yet. If anyone has a clue you would have two appreciative people.

by Tammy Maginity -
I am thinking it is because of the file size limit that is on the server side of things.  My moodle is set to a 20mb file size limit and I have this problem with any of the backups that are larger than that.  I think if that limit is upped, we might be in business.
In reply to Tammy Maginity

by Scott Cotterell -

i think your right tammy .. just need to work out how do that!!!smile

thanks

Scott

Re: Restore issue undefined error

by Neil Spurgeon -

I did have this problem when backup and restoring courses from version 1.8.3 to 1.9.2 and assumed that it was a file size problem - but I have reduced down to backing up and recovering just one label and am still getting an error except Moodle now is simply reporting 'an error occurred' which ins't too helpful from a diagbnostic point of view! Have others had problems backing up and restoring courses from version 1.8 to version 1.9 and if not, any chance of a clue where I may have gone wrong.

IIS 6.0 on a virtual windows 2003 server

any help gratefully received 

Thanks 

Neil

In reply to Neil Spurgeon

Re: Restore issue undefined error

by Neil Spurgeon -

Maddening thing - it turned out to be permissions on the backoffice database server in th end. I had created a moodleuser@'%' user but it required a specific moodleuser@<specificwebservername> to accept the delete permission option

thanks to everyone who has helped me think this through

Neil