Procuring the correct version of Attendance

Procuring the correct version of Attendance

by Mark Pearson -
Number of replies: 3
A problem that afflicts Moodle module developers and those attempting to test and implement modules is the multiplicity of places where the code can reside. I have recently sussed out CVS (WOOT!) and have downloaded a number of different blocks from contrib/plugins. First off I note that the "attendance" module in CVS is an obsolete version for 2005 not authored by our esteemed Russian friend and that I need "attforblock". SO I download this using the command:
$ cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@us2.cvs.moodle.org:/cvsroot/moodle co contrib/plugins/mod/attforblock

I want to make sure that I have the latest version so I look in version.php and find "2008061901". But alas, this is not the most up to date version as I find out here : http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=100204
I tried to download it via the modules and plugins database, but alas again, the link to do.nspu.ru is not currently working (server not found). So where might the latest code be found?

Cheers

Mark
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Pearson

Re: Procuring the correct version of Attendance

by A. T. Wyatt -
Greetings, Mark!
You are quite right, the server seems to be down. I have messaged Dmitry to inquire about that. Maybe we will hear something soon.

atw
In reply to A. T. Wyatt

by Mark Pearson -
I tried again this morning, and wonder! the server is back up and so I downloaded block_attendance_for_v19.zip and confirmed that it is indeed the latest version that Dmitri mentions as having bugs fixed, ie 2008062701

Also, Dmitri might think about copying the very excellent documentation about Attendance (including installation desctructions) located at http://docs.moodle.org/en/Attendance
into the README file (or as a separate .html file) since the installation instructions therein are somewhat more coherent.

Many years Dmitri!

Mark
In reply to Mark Pearson

by Lawrence Meyer -
I downloaded the block again from his server today.

My Installation shows version: 2008061901

I was trying to find the changed files and just upload them, but with a diff -r I found no changes in the directories or files (or at least none indicated). Thinking I might have missed something, I did a date stamp comparison and they all match.

What I'm really trying to do is avoid uninstalling and reinstalling the block (I have a cheepie server and I have to do the install one file at a time (browse select upload) since I don't have ssh access (sad I am)

Can anyone recommend a way to update the block without hours of copying files one at a time?

How can I be sure that I downloaded an updated copy? Can you just copy over the changed files? Any help is appreciated.

Eric