Category Totals Won't display

Re: Category Totals Won't display

by Rob Monk -
Number of replies: 0

Thanks again. Problem fixed yet not really.

This means the grade book does not really give a true reflection of student progress unless I somehow go in a put zeros in for all the work the student has not done. A student can do one activity of the 5 activities I have set and get 100% for it and then stop.

Sinead below says "Look Mum, I'm on 87% for science."

The reality is the student is on 12% as they should have completed the other 4 activities.

My problem is I have 30 activities in the course and I only want students to do the first 5 now. I have the last 25 hidden. I don't want them included in calculations and I'd love it if I could hide them in the Grader Report which is 5 screens wide. If I change the aggregation to "Aggregate only non empty grades" I get a completely inaccurate picture of student progress.

I need an aggregation that is "Aggregate only non hidden items." This should be simple.

What do people advise I do from here? Is it possible to back grade to 1.8 as the grade book in that suited what I want to do much better.

I want my students to be able to self monitor and check thier progress. I want the progress to be an accurate reflection of what they should have done so far.

Attachment aggr.jpg