Remove teacher from Choice

Remove teacher from Choice

by Jennifer Claro -
Number of replies: 7
I am using the latest version of Moodle. I have set up many Choice questions for my students to answer. They have all done so, with interesting results, but the results always show that one person has yet to answer - me, the teacher. So the results do not add up to 100%.

I would like to delete me from the results. Does anyone know how to do this? I am a user only and have no experience with Moodle programming.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jennifer Claro

Re: Remove teacher from Choice

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
from memory - it should use the capability "mod/choice:choose"

so update your choice, and select the "role overrides" tab

and set "
mod/choice:choose" to "prevent" for the teacher role.

hope that helps!

smile

Dan
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dan Marsden

by Jennifer Claro -
Hi Dan,

I am now the admin and I can access the Override Permissions page. There are many options listed (see below) but none for "mod/choice:choose" as you suggested.

Please tell me if you have any idea of how to fix this.

Thank you very much!
Jennifer
In reply to Dan Marsden

by Jennifer Claro -
Hi again Dan,

Oops, I forgot to show you a few of the options I DO have. This is the beginning of a list of about 20 options;

Capability Inherit Allow Prevent Prohibit Risks
System
Access all groups
moodle/site:accessallgroups

Forum
View discussions
mod/forum:viewdiscussion

View hidden timed posts
mod/forum:viewhiddentimedposts

Start new discussions
mod/forum:startdiscussion

Thank you again for your help,
Jennifer
In reply to Jennifer Claro

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
hmmm.... doesn't sound like you're in quite the right place.

go to your choice,

click on "update this choice"

click on the tab at the top "Override Permissions" - choose the "Teacher" role

you should have 4 capabilities listed

"record a choice", "delete responses" Download responses, read responses.

smile

Dan

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Jean-Pierre Pawlak -
Does this mean I have to override permissions from administrators, teachers (in every form) evry time I make a choice in a course? Just to prevent they show up in every choice? Does this mean I have to explain this to my teachers?

In reply to Jean-Pierre Pawlak

by Dan Marsden -
only if you want to leave the ability for them to "choose" by default. - you can change the "default" setting by changing this for the global role "teacher" and make it set for all teachers in all choices on your site.