Disappearing blocks

Disappearing blocks

by Simon Reynolds -
Number of replies: 2

Any one know of a problem with 1.3.2 and 1.3.3?

Moodle lets me create new blocks but only one. When I create another of a different type, the original disappears.Also, when I try to move my block from the right side to the left side, it also disappears.

I really need this to work by Thursday as my boss is expecting great things from me and needs to see some content by then as I talked him out of using Blackboard.

My server config is as follows:

Linux Red Hat

configure php-4.3.8...(--prefix=/usr --with-xml --enable-bcmath --enable-calendar --with-curl --enable-ftp --with-gd --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local --with-png-dir=/usr --with-xpm-dir=/usr/X11R6 --with-gettext --with-mcrypt --with-mhash --with-ming=../ming-0.2a --enable-magic-quotes --with-mysql --with-openssl --enable-discard-path --with-pear --enable-sockets --enable-track-vars --with-ttf --with-freetype-dir=/usr --enable-gd-native-ttf --enable-versioning --with-zlib)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Simon Reynolds

Re: Disappearing blocks

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Very wierd!  No, there's no known problems (or changes) in recent stable releases.

You might have a corrupted MySQL database of some kind ... if you haven't done anything much on the site yet then you could drop all the databases and start over.  Otherwise try a REPAIR on all the tables.  You can do this using phpMyAdmin (for example the MySQL Admin addon from the modules download page).  Just select the tables, then select "repair" from the menu at the bottom.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

Re: Disappearing blocks

by Simon Reynolds -

Many Thanks Martin. Repair didn't work so deleted the database and started again. Back to normal operation. Taken me a day of messing around but learned a lot! Just glad there wasn't any serious work on there.

Thanks again