Open Source Moodle Heads to the Amazon Cloud

Open Source Moodle Heads to the Amazon Cloud

by jude jr -
Number of replies: 3

hi,

I heard some new updation by MOODLE On July 15, 2008

Infinity Learning Solutions:

announces a cloud computing solution for Moodle using the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform. Included in the offering is an optional single sign-on integration with Digital Chalk , a streaming video lesson authoring and delivery system also available on AWS

i want to know abt this ..help me to what is AWS and it's role on Moodle .

thanks

jude jr

Average of ratings: -
In reply to jude jr

Re: Open Source Moodle Heads to the Amazon Cloud

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Just FYI, this is not "by Moodle", it's some PR from a company that sells a product called Digital Chalk. As far as I know they aren't involved in Moodle development in any way.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Bill Smith -

Martin,

I'm curious if the model being used by Digital Chalk is one you support?  I've been thinking of starting a similar type of business. Do I need to be a Moodle Partner or sign up in any way to host Moodle alongside other educational components?

In reply to Bill Smith

by Matt Bury -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi,

Setting up images on AWS is deliberately easy - that's Amazon's big selling point.

Digital Chalk aren't the only ones offering preconfigured Moodle combos on AWS: http://bitnami.org/stack/moodle

Looks like Moodle's gonna get a lot cheaper to run! smile