Rolling enrolments with individual fixed timeframes

Rolling enrolments with individual fixed timeframes

di Chris Collman -
Numero di risposte: 2
Immagine Documentation writers
Hi,
I don't know enough to do a query. Can somebody point me in a direction or two? Need I mention while I understand Lesson and Quiz this is a new area for me. I never stop trying to learn. big grin

I would like to enroll (aka enrol) someone either in my site or in my course (course would be better) for a fixed period of time based upon when they first entered or enrolled. They should be unenrolled automatically.

Example #1. The student signs up and pays on line and is enrolled on 1/1/08. They have 2 months to complete the course. They can finish it in 1 month and come back to investigate sections of the course after they complete it. But after 2 months, they are locked out. Should improve revenues. I might say that a student subscribes to a course.

Example #2. There is an organization of school administrators. They have a courses for paid members and things for the general public. Members should be able to pay their dues on line and be good for a year. I call this a rolling admission/enrolment. Should improve the number of paid members.

Suspect this is done through a plug in. Thanks in advance. Chris

Media dei voti: -
In riposta a Chris Collman

Re: Rolling enrolments with individual fixed timeframes

di Linda Fitzgerald -
Chris,
I am doing what you want to do as I sell access to questions to prepare for a certification exam. I have 30 day and 90 subscriptions. Simply edit your course, go down to the Enrolments area and there is a drop down for how long a student has access. I think this will work for you.

Courses/add - edit courses/ click on the edit button for the course you want to edit/ and move down to the Enrolments area - select your enrolment duration.

As for scenario #2 - seems like you'd have to enroll members manually after you know they've paid their dues but it would work the same way with the duration. Of course you can't mix durations within one course.

Linda
In riposta a Linda Fitzgerald

Re: Rolling enrolments with individual fixed timeframes

di Chris Collman -
Immagine Documentation writers
Hi Linda,
Thank you. Now I feel like I was lazy. Any questions about Lesson, let me know!

As penitence, I will visit MoodeDocs to see what I didn't read. Duh!

Thanks again. Chris