View issued certificates - Grade N/A ???

View issued certificates - Grade N/A ???

by Karl-Heinz Brozkowski -
Number of replies: 8

Hi there,

I'm using this certificate module from Chardelle and Moodle 1.9. The generating, viewing and printout is ok. But when I (as admin) want to export the list of issued certificates I always get a list (also on the screen) with GRADE N/A even the student has passed with 100%

Does has anyone an idea?

Charly

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Karl-Heinz Brozkowski

Re: View issued certificates - Grade N/A ???

by Chardelle Busch -
Picture of Core developers
Hi Karl-Heinz,

You must set the certificate to print a grade if you want that grade to appear in the report.
In reply to Chardelle Busch

Hi Chardelle,

thank you for your answer. So it is not possible to print a certificate WITHOUT a grade but get the internal information from the database.

The next thing what I noticed is that anyone else who is "higher"than a student (teacher up to admin) and doing a course, passes, can printout a certificate but will not be tracked in the database regarding issued certificates. This behaviour might be ok with a school or university because the teachers and course creators normally don't have to pass a test but at a company it's not. Is there a possibility to change this ?

Charly

by Chardelle Busch -
1. Create a custom certificate type and delete the line to print the grade:
cert_printtext(170, 420, 'C', 'Times', '', 10, utf8_decode($grade));

2. Yes, they are in the db, but do not get shown in the site-wide report, to change this, in the certificates(the report folder)/lib.php file delete line 100:
if (!has_capability('moodle/course:manageactivities', $context, $user->userid)){

and line 114:
}

You can also delete these two lines for the downloaded reports in the report.php file.

Re: View issued certificates

Thanks Chardell, everything is working fine.

But for No. 2 you refer to the side-wide report. I don't want to install this because there is the ID missing which I use for our departments. What about the normal report comming with your certificate module. Is it possible to show higher graded users overthere in the same way you described before?

Thanks

Charly

by Chardelle Busch -
Yes, the code is similar for the individual certificate report. Look at the certificate/report.php file and get rid of the capability similar to above, e.g. line 239:

if (!has_capability('mod/certificate:manage', $context, $user->id)) {

and 248:
}

Thanks Chardelle,

it works but only on the screen. When I download a list (Excel or Text), higher graded useres are not shown. Any ideas?

Charly

by Chardelle Busch -
You are getting there, just keep going getting rid of those two lines: You will see the same line of code for each of the downloaded reports.