Camtasia videos in hot potato

Camtasia videos in hot potato

by Nora Marceau -
Number of replies: 1
I've spent the whole afternoon searching the forums and can't seem to find the answer to my problem. I hope someone can help me. I have a "physical" course, that I would like to make "virtual". I have a textbook and a DVD that has camtasia videos for each lesson. I am trying to create quizzes based on a video. I have figured out how to create the quizzes and include the video, but at the site I can't get the videos to play properly. Is there a way I can upload my Camtasia exe file to the site so that the students can properly watch the videos? Right now, windows media player opens and will play the sound (the teacher's voice), but will not show the images (the teacher's work on the board). I'm using moodle 1.9 and the latest hot potato version. Thank you for any help,
Nora
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nora Marceau

Re: Camtasia videos in hot potato

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Nora,
If the video shows OK when the Hot Potatoes quiz in viewed outside of Moodle, then I think all you need to do is convert the relative URLs used to specify the Camtasia exe file (and any other related files) to absolte URLs.

If you can't view the video when the Hot Potatoes quiz in viewed outside of Moodle, then I suggest you ask for help on the Hot Potatoes Users forum at Yahoo, because I have seen a lot of posts over there from people who are very experienced in using video in Hot Potatoes quizzes.

regards
Gordon