A filter plug-in to embed Scratch projects using the Scratch Java applet. It embeds community software projects hosted at, scratch.mit.edu/galleries
NOTICE: this software is in no way endorsed by or affiliated with the official MIT Scratch project or team.
To install (on Moodle 2):
- Un-compress the Zip/Gzip archive, and copy the folder renamed 'scratchembed' to your moodle/filter/ directory.
- Log in to Moodle as admininstrator, go to Site Administration | Plugins | Filters | Manage Filters.
- Choose 'On' or 'Off but available' in the drop-down menu next to 'Scratch embed'.
The syntax to embed a Scratch project is:
[Scratch] http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/technoguyx/355353 [/Scratch]
- Tested in Moodle 1.9.7 and 2.0.2.
- No database access - simple!
- The plug-in is internationalized in Moodle 1.9 and 2.
- If there is demand I'll look at embedding locally hosted Scratch projects (.sb files).
- More notes are in the README.
Demonstration at freear.org.uk/moodle (login as Guest).
License: GNU General Public License v2 or later.