== We are looking for a senior plugin developer for a long-term relationship ==
We're bdecent, a small company based in Germany. Our business is based upon the "freemium" model. We always contribute the basic version of each of our product to the community. Each product has a dedicated roadmap (sometimes extensive). Our goal is to release two versions each year, roughly aligned with Moodle's releases cycle.
Some of our products:
More can be found here: https://bdecent.de/product-category/moodle-plugins/
We usually work on one product at a time, until the new version is ready for release, and that will most of the case be 8-12 weeks. During that time, we work in sprints, which usually last one week. We'll have a sprint meeting each week to review the previous sprint, plan the upcoming sprint and discuss upcoming features. We also use this time – if required – to collaboratively fix smaller bugs or those which are harder to reproduce. For task & project management, we use ClickUp and our repositories are located on GitHub.
Things that matter to us – and should to you
- Build things in a beautiful way
- Less is more – minimalist and "reduced to the max"
- Leverage core functionality wherever possible
- Build things so that they feel native to moodle
- Build things with flexibility in mind
- Write well documented code and documentation in general
The ideal candidate has the following experience
- Contributions to Moodle core, plugin(s) to the database or similar experience with developing and maintaining moodle code
- You are fluent in English.
- You are familiar with moodle coding principles and guidelines.
- You think that writing documentation is a good idea ;)
- Experience using Git
- Experience with automated testing (PHPUnit/Behat)
== If you have any questions, please contact us using live chat or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). ==
If you are interested, please provide the following information:
- Which of our products would you be interested to work on and why?
- Your hourly/daily rate
- Examples of previous work (ideally a contributed plugin with a reasonable user base and a reference)
- Your Capacity (short, mid and long term)
Entry added by Stefan Scholz
- Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 8:03 PM
Last updated - Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 8:06 PM