The MrCUTE Jr. Shared URL/File Repository
allows creation of resources that can be used in any course (they are shared). There is a search block allowing you to find and choose/edit the the shared resource you are looking for. Resources show the appropriate icon too, even for a URL. The course editor is able to select the appropriate icon for URL's, e.g. for something like
they can choose the jpg icon. Each shared URL or File is also given a title, description and keywords, which are all used during searches. Access to search/add/edit is restricted to teachers+.
This is a set of 3 items:
- A block module that allows searching of the database table created by the block module. I've called it "MrCUTE Jr. Repository" since some of the code comes from the MrCUTE2 module - thanks MrCUTE2 team!
- A resource type plugin which extends the functionality of resource_file (it literally sub-classes the Moodle core "Link to a file or web site" resource type).
- A patch which allows the mrcutejr resource type to have different icons depending on what the repository resource actually is.
I anticipate the most up-to-date information for this plugin to be on the MrCUTE Jr. documentation
page. Here's the basics to get you started:
- In the "Add a resource..." drop list, select "MrCUTE Jr. shared file or website".
- To add a new resource, press the "New Shared URL" or "New Shared File" button.
- Enter information into the form & press "Save new Shared URL/File"
Please note for CVS there are 2 directories you need to access:
- Block Module (for search):
- Resource-Type Module (for "add resource..." functionality):
P.S. Contact me
if you'd like a demo.